Thursday, August 15, 2013

August 16th Sketch Challenge at Stuck On U Sketches

I hope everyone has had a wonderful week so far! It's that time again for another awesome sketch challenge at Stuck On U Sketches. This sketch has been provided by our lovely Leah Schaeffer.
So come on over and take a look at the rest of the design teams wonderful creations! This challenge will run from Aug 16th-29th.

Here is the sketch:



Here is my interpretation:

LOVE
This is a pic of hubby and me. I just loved how these colors looked together. The papers are from the kit of the month at swirlydoos which included papers from IOD and Creative Imaginations. 


Here you can see a closeup of the chippy treatment and also the stencil in the top left corner. I used some light modeling paste here. I also took apart this black flower and used it as a bottom layer to the pink prima flower. 

I used these pink brads, distressed the edges with chalk ink and did some hand stitching. 

Here is another closeup of my flower cluster. I painted some of these flowers with white gesso to accent the edges.  


Thanks so much for stopping by and hope you have a wonderful week! 


4 comments:

  1. Oh my word, your layout is gorgeous.. Love love love the colors and those flowers are a definite fav..
    Hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layout and sweet pic! Love this color combo and all the lovely flowers..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great color scheme and all the dies really add to the layout! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous page Erica - love the colours! The flower clusters and embellishments are perfect... Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete