Sunday, February 17, 2013

Swirlydoos Ultimate Design Team Challenge

Wow, and here it is.. Week 5 of this challenge. Our challenge for this week at Swirlydoos was to create art journal pages. I wasn't sure which way to go with this so below is my creation, so many ideas and thoughts..AAAAH!!!!!

With that said I created a 6 page album from scratch, using nothing but left over scrap paper from all of my previous swirlydoos kits. To make my pages a little thicker I mod podged a manila folder in between my pages, so I wouldn't have a problem once sticking all of the paint medium and embellies on it. It worked, whew!!!

This is page 1 of 6. My album is titled Value The Good Times. 
So all the mediums used on this page include: Liquitex light modeling paste, glass beads, gelato inks, glimmer mist, white gesso and crackle paint. I also added some ribbon trim in between the edges of my album. 

  Here's a closeup. 


Page 2 of 6. I left the page blank to fill at a later time. I'm not sure if I'll include a picture or journaling. I loved the colors here, very cheerful. 


Page 3 of 6. I also left room here to fill up later. I did lots of layers of different papers. 


Page 4 of 6. Again I used some light modeling paste mixed with some acrylic paint. DA chippy which was painted and spritzed. 


Page 5 of 6. I used a butterfly stencil and painted the butterflies with gelatos. 



Page 6 of 6. This is the back of the album. Very simple, nothing great about this since I figured this one will get banged up the most. hehe. Added some lace and mod podge. 


Thanks for looking, hope you enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment